Michelle Mann’s newest workshop will take place at Didddillibah Hall October 27th – 28th.
This fun, hand-on, 2 day workshop is for you if:
- You love drawing faces or would like to draw faces from your imagination.
- You would like to learn to create from your soul and be guided by your Muse.
- You want to learn the process of building layers and create a whimsical background.
Over the two days, Michelle will help challenge your art skills and imagination. This workshop will touch on a number of processes, including:
- Intension meditation and introduction to the class.
- Face Drawing and Placement- Learn basic face drawing in a whimsical, stylised style (this is not a realism drawing class).
- Front facing face with different face shapes. We’ll look at placement of eyes, nose, lips, hair etc, and how this will change to suit your look e.g. mermaid, fairy or whimsical style.
- Building up the story behind your piece and exploring “What is your story”?
- Intension Meditation and introduction to day 2
- Developing your style- we will be exploring Mark Making, starting to build up the layered background and using ephemera and texture to create our unique style.
- Bringing it all together
- Critique and close of workshop
*Note that this workshop can be paid for in 3 instalments – please email firstname.lastname@example.org for account details.
Michelle is the artist and author of the Gold Lotus Oracle deck and book. Michelle is a self-taught artist, whose background in art started in her youth and weaved its way in and out of her life in many forms. More recently, Michelle has dabbled in textile and fine arts, working in mixed media and illustration. Many of Michelle’s art quilts toured the USA in exhibitions over a period of 5 years, starting in 2012 when Michelle was named as a finalist in Artisan of the Year in Cloth Paper, Scissors magazine. Last year Michelle held her second solo exhibition which centred around the 47 canvases that make up the Gold Lotus Oracle deck.